www.paddljobs.com (the “Platform”) is a web application wholly owned by Paddl Co. Pty Ltd (ACN 131 952 004) (Paddl, we, our or ss).
These are the terms on which Paddl will provide access to the Platform to an organisation seeking to promote employment or other work-related experiences and/or opportunities to users of the Platform. (Employer(s) you or your;).
- Variation & Acceptance of Terms
You will be required to accept these terms before being granted an Employer Account. If, at any time after you have been granted an Employer Account, you determine you do not agree to any part of these terms, you must advise Paddl in writing to cancel your Employer Account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may be removed from Paddl, with or without prior notice to you, for non-compliance with any provision in these terms.
We may vary these terms at any time. If we vary these terms, we will provide notice by publishing the varied terms on www.paddljobs.com. You accept that by doing this, we have provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to these terms.
- Employer Account
Campaigns can only be advertised on Paddl by Employers with an Employer Account. In order to be granted an Employer Account, you will be required to provide certain information, which may include your business name, contact name, details about your business and a valid email address (Account Information). You agree to:
Application is an application submitted by a Paddlr to a Campaign in the Platform.
Campus is the physical location of an educational institution where a Paddlr is currently undertaking, or has previously undertaken, a Course. Where the Course is by Cloud/Online delivery, the Campus location will be the capital city of the state the Paddlr resides in.
Campaign is an employment or work-related experience opportunity advertised on the Platform by an Employer and may include permanent positions, contracts, projects, internships, hacks, placements, events and competitions.
Campaign Fee is the amount payable by an Employer to post a Campaign on Paddl, as advertised on www.paddljobs.com or in a proposal or other document provided by Paddl.
Course is a qualification (eg degree, certificate or other) offered by an Educator.
Educator is any educational institution (University, TAFE, RTO, Secondary School or other). Educators may contract with Paddl to receive reports in relation to their students (currently or previously enrolled with the Educator).
Employer is a business or organisation who is registered in Paddl for the purpose of advertising employment and other work-related experiences and opportunities to Paddlrs.
Employer Account means the access granted to an Employer via use of a username and password which allows your authorized user(s) to login to Paddl and utilize the features available including, but not limited to: advertising employment and other work-related opportunities to Paddlrs; short-listing candidates using a variety of filters; and communicating with short-listed candidates.
Paddl Account means the access granted to a Paddlr via use of a username and password which allows them to login to Paddl and utilize the features available including, but not limited to, viewing and applying for employment and other work-related opportunities advertised by Employers.
Paddlr is an individual (including students and graduates) who has activated a Paddl Account for the purpose of gaining employment or other work-related experiences and opportunities.
Reliance on any information provided by us and others on Paddl is solely at your own risk.
Should you have any questions concerning these terms please contact email@example.com.
- Provide accurate Account Information and to update your Account Information as necessary to keep it accurate; and
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate or inappropriate or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate or inappropriate, we have the right to suspend, terminate, lock or delete your Employer account.
By providing your email address to us, you consent to our use of the email address to send you service-related notices, including among other things, notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. You may not opt out of service-related emails. We may also use your email address, (or for subscribers to mobile notifications, your mobile number), to send you other messages, including information about Paddl and special offers. You may opt out of such email or text messages by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using an unsubscribe link in any such email.
We may refuse your request for an Employer Account for any reason, including if you attempt to associate the same email address with more than one account (irrespective of whether an existing account is inactive or has been deleted, locked or suspended).
If you choose to post a Campaign, you agree to pay the Campaign Fees. You are obliged to pay the Campaign Fees regardless of whether you utilize or fully utilize those services. If you do not provide us with the necessary materials or information for us to deliver those services to you, you are still liable to us for full payment.
In most cases, Campaign Fees will be payable in advance on credit card. In the case where you are approved to be invoiced for Campaign Fees, all amounts owing must be paid within 14 days of the date of invoice. We may charge you interest on late payments at our applicable bank interest rate plus any costs we incur as a result of collecting your payment.
All Campaign Fees are non-refundable.
You are responsible for all prices and charges for Paddl incurred by yourself or your authorized representative, in accordance with the billing provisions specified in an invoice, online form, on www.paddljobs.com or in a payment confirmation.
All payments made for services on Paddl are non-refundable.
You acknowledge and agree that:
All intellectual property rights of Paddl (including but not limited to copyright in the software and codes underpinning the Platform), Paddl advertisements, Paddl content and Paddl logos (collectively Paddl IP) are the sole and exclusive property of Paddl; and
You have no right, title or interest in or to any Paddl IP.
All of your logos and advertisements (excluding content) (collectively Your IP) are solely and exclusively your property;
We have no right, title or interest in any of Your IP; and
We are authorized to use Your IP solely for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations under these terms.
We acknowledge and agree that:
You acknowledge and agree that Paddl may use your name, and logo for the express and sole purpose of identifying you as a client of Paddl and a Paddl Employer in its marketing material, both print and electronic. You may elect to withdraw your permission for the use of your name and logo in our marketing material, however, you must do so in writing with 30 days written notification for withdrawal of any material from the commercial domain.
We may terminate or suspend your Employer Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach these terms.
We reserve the right at all times without the need to have to provide any notice to you, to alter the functionality and/or appearance of the Platform, including but not limited to the presentation of Campaigns.
We provide no warranty to you that services or features generally available through the Platform or by Paddl will be uninterrupted or error free. Except where we are unable to exclude our liability by law, we, our officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable in any way to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however it arises (whether in contract, tort including negligence, or otherwise) out of or in connection with your access and use of the Platform.
In the case of goods or services supplied or offered via the Platform, liability for breach of an implied term which cannot be excluded by legislation, is limited at our option to either: the supply of the goods or services (or the equivalent goods or services) again; or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
Our limitation of liability under these terms applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are informed of their possibility.
We accept no responsibility or liability for any errors in your Campaigns and you must check your Campaigns for errors.
We agree to use reasonable efforts to publish Campaigns in the shortest possible time.
We act as a medium through which Paddlrs seek employment opportunities. We do not vet, nor are we responsible for vetting, Paddlrs or the representations made by them whether oral or in writing including those representations appearing in a Paddl Account or an application from a Paddlr. Despite our reasonable efforts to ensure the legitimacy of Paddl Account information, we cannot guarantee that Applications are genuine or that Paddlrs information is accurate.
You warrant and agree that:
You have the legal capacity and power to agree to be bound by these terms and perform the obligations under them;
Campaigns and other content posted to Paddl do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
Campaigns and other content posted to Paddl do not breach any copyright or privacy laws;
You will not use the Platform for any illegal purpose; and
You will not use the Platform or any features of the Platform or products offered on Paddl to upload, download, transact, store or make available data that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, violent, obscene, invasive of anothers privacy, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise in our opinion objectionable or damaging to Paddl, Paddl users, or persons general.
You may not assign or transfer any rights and obligations pursuant to these terms to any other person or entity without our prior written approval (which will not be unreasonable withheld). If you are a company, any change in your effective control shall be deemed an assignment for the purpose of this clause.
You indemnify and will keep indemnified Paddl, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by Paddl in connection with:
- Any breach of these terms by you;
- Any negligent act or omission by you;
- The listing or proposed listing of any Campaigns by you on the Platform; or
- An actual or alleged breach by you of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs a consequence of your Campaigns appearing on the Platform.
You agree at all times to deal with any information or products provided by us or accessed on the Platform in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of Australia, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
You may not use the Platform to post any pyramid scheme and you also may not ask or require any Paddlr to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any Campaigns whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the Paddlr in the Campaign itself or in any communication with the Paddlr that takes place as a result of a Campaign.
You may not use any feature of the Platform to send any unsolicited commercial electronic messages to Paddlrs, whether individually or as a group.
You must not release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity relating to us without our prior approval.
- Any Campaigns acquired by you from us must not be on-sold or supplied by you to third parties.
- If you breach this Clause 35, We reserve the right to charge you the Campaigns Fee for each Campaign in breach of those clauses.
Any personal information (within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) of any Paddlr that you obtain through your use of the Platform (including Applications received from Paddlrs) must only be used by you in relation to your genuine employment and/or recruitment activities.
Selling or offering services or products (such as learning or educational courses or tools) to Paddlrs whose personal information you have obtained through your use of the Platform (including Applications received from Paddlrs) is considered by us to be a misuse of Paddlr data, and is prohibited.
You may not under any circumstances provide any Paddlr personal information you have obtained through your use of the Platform (including Applications received from Paddlrs) to any other party, including to any affiliate or related party of yours (unless we have otherwise consented to this). This restriction on forwarding personal information applies irrespective of whether you receive direct financial benefit for doing so.
If we believe you have misused Paddlr data for any reason, we reserve the right to:
- Immediately suspend or terminate your Employer Account, and/or suspend or terminate the Employer Account of any party that has received Paddlr personal information from you in breach of these terms;
- Report any potential contraventions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by you to the relevant authorities; and/or
- Take legal action against you seeking any number of remedies provided by law, including the award of monetary damages.
You must ensure that all Campaigns comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct, relevant and applicable to the country or location of the employment opportunity. In Australia this includes, but is not limited to, the:
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) including but not limited to Section 31 of Schedule 2 which requires that if you are a company you must not mislead persons seeking employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or, any other matter relating to the employment opportunity being offered;
- Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories;
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles;
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic);
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth);
- Age Discrimination Act 2004 (Cth);
- Disability Discrimination Act (Cth);
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth); and
- All other anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory in which you do business.
We reserve the right to refuse any person or organisation an Employer Account and/or the use of the Platform and/or goods and services provided by Paddl and to reject or withdraw any Campaign from the Platform without notice or reason.
The reasons for this may include:
- Non-compliance with these terms and conditions has occurred;
- Misleading, inaccurate, or incorrect information has been provided;
- A complaint about the Employer has been received;
- Non-compliance with any applicable law or regulation is suspected; or
- The content of the Campaign is considered to be inappropriate.
You should ensure that Campaigns meet the relevant wage requirements within the country of employment. Within Australia, this includes ensuring that you comply with the national minimum wage requirements that apply to full-time positions.
The following jobs may not be permitted by Paddl to be published on the Platform should We in our sole discretion deem them to be unsuitable for Paddlrs in any way:
- Positions paid by commission only
- Positions where payment is by profit share
- Positions that offer less than award wages
- Positions that offer any sort of 'board in exchange' arrangement where the Paddlr receives accommodation as payment for work performed
- Positions that do not offer a genuine employment opportunity or those that require applicants to register with an organisation for possible opportunities or pay a third-party
- Positions lodged by a registered business offering 'cash' or 'cash in hand'
- Positions offering payment by 'piece rates', ie where payment is per product produced, per delivery, per sale made etc.
- Business opportunities and franchise ownership opportunities
- Pyramid schemes
- Work involving any unpaid training/trial periods, or reduced pay for training/trial periods, except where a federal or state award makes allowances for such arrangements
- Work involving any illegal activity or that may pose a serious risk to workers
- Any work which requires the employee to purchase a product or service, or requires an application fee, registration fee, security deposit or similar as a condition of employment
- Unpaid internships - unless the internship is undertaken as a vocational placement or is classified as voluntary work in a registered not-for-profit organisation
- Overseas voluntary positions
- Scholarships that are used to pay a Paddlrs wage
You are not permitted to insert links to an external website or an externally hosted application form from a Campaign or from your Employer Account without our express written approval which may be granted, withheld or withdrawn at our discretion.
You are not permitted to promote or refer to brands other than those associated with your business (or a business operated by a related party to You) anywhere on the Platform.
You may only post Campaigns that are in respect of a genuine employment or experience opportunity that is current as at the time of posting the Campaign, and for which you are currently recruiting. We reserve the right to request any information from you that we deem necessary to verify that a genuine employment opportunity exists.
You must ensure that Campaigns are tagged appropriately. It is your responsibility to ensure that you familiarize yourself with the available tags to ensure appropriate filtering of Paddlrs who apply for any Campaigns you post.
We reserve the right and you must accept as a condition of placing a Campaign on the Platform, Our right to re-tag Campaigns.
Campaigns are valid for 30 days, although you can choose to expire the Campaign earlier. You will have access to details of all applicants for a Campaign for 30 days after the expiration of the Campaign.
The following terms and conditions apply to all volunteer positions:
- A volunteering opportunity that is offered must adhere to the Definition and Principles of Volunteering as defined by Volunteering Australia.
- The Employer must inform and afford all new volunteers their Volunteer Rights & Responsibilities as stipulated by Volunteering Australia.
- All new volunteers must be provided with adequate and appropriate induction, training, support and supervision.
- All volunteer opportunities must be less than 16 hours per week, not replacing paid workers, nor constituting a threat to the job security of paid workers.
- The Employer offering the position must have an ABN and be registered as a not-for-profit entity in accordance with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.
- The Employer may be asked to submit certificates of currency for both Public Liability (to a minimum of $5 million coverage) and/or Volunteer Personal Accident insurance.
The following terms and conditions apply to all unpaid internship positions:
- The Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) requires that students are paid at least the minimum wage for work experience undertaken within organisations unless the work is undertaken as a vocational placement or is classified as voluntary work.
- For a placement to meet the requirements of a 'vocational placement', it must be undertaken as part of a subject or a course or alternatively, be classified as voluntary work. The consequences of an unpaid placement not falling within these exemptions under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) is that the student is deemed to be an employee and is legally entitled to at least the minimum wage.
- Any paid internships that meet the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) requirements or the relevant requirements applicable in the country of employment may be published in a Campaign.
You agree and warrant that all information you provide in your Campaign do not breach any law or the rights of any person (including legislation regarding consumer protection and anti-competitive conduct, equal opportunity and human rights).
You agree that We do not act as Your agent as an employer.
You agree that We do not necessarily recommend or endorse any Employers featured on the Platform.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will be under no liability to You, in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, such as loss of profit, wasted overheads, loss of opportunity or loss of revenue) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of Your use of the Platform.
You expressly authorise Paddl to store and retain all Applications submitted by Paddlrs in response to a Campaign You publish on the Platform.
Paddl (www.paddljobs.com) (Paddl) is a web application and brand name wholly owned by CareerLounge Pty Ltd (ACN 131 952 004) (CareerLounge, we, our or us).
These are the terms on which CareerLounge will provide access to Paddl to an individual seeking to gain employment or other work-related opportunities (Paddler, you or your).
Campus is the physical location of the Educational Institution where the Paddler is undertaking the Course. Where the Padder is undertaking a course by Cloud/Online delivery, the Campus location will be the capital city of the state the Paddler resides in.
Course is a qualification (e.g. degree, certificate or other) offered by an educational institution.
Employer is a business or organisation who is registered in Paddl for the purpose of advertising employment and other work-related opportunities to Paddlers.
Job Ad is an employment or work experience opportunity advertised in Paddl by an Employer.
Paddl Account means the access granted to a Paddler via use of a username and password which allows you to login to Paddl and utilize the features available including, but not limited to, viewing and applying for employment and other work-related opportunities advertised by Employers.
Paddl Educator is an educational institution (University, TAFE, RTO, Secondary School or other) which has registered with Paddl in order to (amongst other things): market Paddl to its students; validate Paddlers who claim in their Paddl Account to have undertaken a Course with the Educator; and receive reports from CareerLounge in relation to validated students (currently or previously enrolled with the Educator).
Paddler is an individual who has activated a Paddl Account (excluding Employers).?
Variation & Acceptance of Terms
- You will be required to accept these terms before being granted a Paddl Account. If, at any time after you have been granted a Paddl Account, you determine you do not agree to any part of these terms, you must advise CareerLounge in writing to cancel your Paddl Account (email@example.com).
- You may be removed from Paddl, with or without prior notice to you, for non-compliance with any provision in these terms.
- We may vary these terms at any time. If we vary these terms, we will provide notice by publishing the varied terms on www.paddljobs.com. You accept that by doing this, we have provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to these terms.
Reliance on any information provided by us and others on Paddl is solely at your own risk.
Should you have any questions concerning these terms please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- provide accurate Account Information and to update your Account Information as necessary to keep it accurate; and
- the disclosure of your Account Information to your Educator for the purpose of your Course being validated by them:
- the disclosure of your Account Information to other third parties, including Employers.
- by sending you information produced by or on behalf of any third party which may be relevant to your education, trade or profession or the provision of services to you (including any training, employment or other related service or experience); or
- by sending you service-related notices, including among other things, notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. You may not opt out of service-related emails.